Dolores, Aunt Jane and Roey came out to Santa Barbara and stayed with us for a week. I taught Leah to say Nana and that's what she called Dolores all week. Every morning she would wake up and say Nana Nana (she did it for a few days after they left too). And Sam, Nancy, Bella and Gavin came up on Wednesday night. We had a FULL house - 6 adults and 4 babies. Leah loved it!
Thanksgiving dinner included everyone at the house, plus Ah-ma and Ah-gong. We ate organic turkey (Whole Foods), cornbread stuffing, ultimate potato au gratin (Tyler Florence recipe), green bean casserole, red cabbage, squash, and pumpkin pie.
Dolores and Nancy started a crazy new tradition... They drove to the Camarillo Outlet mall to go shopping. The stores were opened from 10 p.m (Thursday night) to 6 a.m! They left at 9 and didn't get back until 2 a.m. Jane and I wimped out! Maybe next year.
Leah and Roey took a picture with Santa Claus. It didn't go very well... She freaked out and he was a dear in head lights. But the picture is still very cute none-the-less.
I wish I had gotten more pictures of our week. We actually did a lot of stuff (Scott and his girlfriend drove out and stayed with us for a few days before Thanksgiving, Leah and Roey went to the zoo and Kindermusic, we did lots of shopping), but the only time I remembered to have a camera with me was on the day we went to the mall to take pictures with Santa. Enjoy!






No comments:
Post a Comment