I took Leah to the Goleta library today for the first time. They have a large, very awesome children's section and Leah loved walking around it. She was trying to climb up and down the chairs, trying to work on the many wooden puzzles, and pulling books and magazines off the shelves. It was a lot of work trying to pick up after her but we'll definitely be going back.
Leah said owl today really clearly at the library! We were looking at a magazine called Baby Bug (great magazine by the way) and there was a picture of an owl. I told her what it was and she repeated very clearly! Her verbal skills are just exploding! She talks nonstop - her most chatty time of the day is in the morning or in the car. Of course I don't understand what she's saying, but there have been times when I swear she has said "give me" and "my daddy".
I purchased something called the Learning Tower from Craigslist and we have been using it a lot. It's perfect for letting Leah "wash" dishes. She loves playing with water right now. She always wants to wash the bottles and dishes, or she's signing water, frog, swim to let us know she wants to go outside and use the kiddie pool.
I think some more teeth have come in. Of course, Leah won't let me look in her mouth but I'm pretty certain because the past couples of weeks, she was drooling a lot and putting everything in her mouth. Plus she was NOT eating any solids! This worried me quite a bit, but luckily it was just teething and her appetite seems to have come back.
Family will be coming into town for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to watch Leah interact with her cousins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment