Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summertime!

Yay! The fog is gone and it finally feels like summer in Santa Barbara!

On Tuesday, July 13, Ah-Ma came over. It was a really hot day so we decided to let Leah try out the plastic kiddie pool that Tom and I had bought. We took Leah outside to the patio, and Ah-Ma dragged out the hose to fill it up. I was holding Leah and as soon as the water started gushing out, she started crying! I think the water coming out at full force scared her, and it was pretty loud too. Anyway, she eventually calmed down and became curious in the pool of water. I put her in the kiddie pool, gave her some toys, but she wasn't into it (which surprised me because she loves baths). She probably sat in the water for 5 minutes, then wanted out. Oh, well, next time...

What Leah loves doing right now is practice her walking skills. She loves it when mommy and daddy are next to her, each holding her hand. She can't get enough! She's practically dancing off the floor. I have to admit I'm not looking forward to this next stage of our lives... the walking stage! I've heard from tons of moms that it's constant vigilance.

Leah walking before going into the kiddie pool.





Here is our 4th of July Weekend recap:
On July 3rd, we went to my cousin Robert's son's birthday party in Casaic, which is inland near Van Nuys. We met Sam, Nancy, Bella, and Gavin there. It was great to see them. Leah loves hanging out with her cousins.




The next day was 4th of July... Leah's first one!! We had a bbq at our place, and Mark and Angie came over for dinner. By 8:30 Leah had had enough and wanted to go to bed. We said good-bye, and put Leah to bed. Leah fell asleep to the sounds of "pop" "pop" off in the distant. They were the fireworks going off. Tom and I took a brief moment to go out onto our balcony, and we could see splashes of red, blue, and white in the night. It was a very mellow 4th of July. Just the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment