Friday, July 16, 2010

Let's Eat

What a relief, my little girl is eating solids again (although a little picky)! For a month or so, Leah was on a solid food strike. We could not get her to eat anything, not even her favorite foods (like sweet potato or any kind of fruit). All she wanted, all the time, and she made it clear by signing it, was milk. Some days, she would be up to 32 oz of milk, which is a lot for Leah. She was even waking up 2 times at night for milk. We had to start watering down her 4 a.m. bottles because she was getting too much formula (we are still mixing breast milk and formula).

Leah is sleeping through the night again (just 3 nights of it, but that's darn good for now). She STILL only has 2 teeth on the bottom, so I'm really careful about what I give her. She's been loving these foods lately:

- oatmeal with salmon, sweet potato, seaweed mixed in
- steamed rice
- salmon
- kama
- all fruits (watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries)
- spinach
- whole wheat bread
- shredded chicken
- pinto beans
- black beans
- steamed carrots (hit or miss depending on the day)
- saltine crackers (without the salt on top)

Leah loves fish! Foods that don't do well well with Leah are tofu and eggs. I've given Leah tofu a few times and she threw up each time. Eggs caused a rash on her chest.

I've stopped pureeing Leah's food. I LOVE my Beaba Babycook (a gift from Gram-Z and Gramp-Z) but it's nice not having to puree her food. I think Leah's got the hang of mashing her food with her gums.

Thanks to Gram-Z and Gramp-Z, Leah ate homemade, organic meals made my moi! Some of the things I used to make for Leah using the Beaba were:

- pureed sweet potato
- pureed carrots
- pureed green beans
- pureed peas
- pureed chicken and mango
- pureed apples
- mixture of all the above

This is pureed potato & cauliflower (on the left), pureed chicken and mango (on the right), and pureed apples in the plastic containers:


Recent pictures of Leah eating lunch. She loves to eat with her hands:
Sometimes, she will attempt to use a spoon:

She likes to share her food:
She recently started signing "all done", which is waving both hands in the air.
For dessert, Leah gets fruit:

No comments:

Post a Comment