Leah did fantastic! She was great on the drive, loved all the new places we took her to and all the new faces she met. She was just a happy baby, even all the way up to midnight when we got back to our hotel room and crashed.
We left about 30 minutes before Leah's 1st nap, and that was perfect because she fell asleep in the car for about 1.5 hours (This left about 2 more hours of driving until we got to SJ). We occupied Leah with music, videos on our iPhone, and food! I packed crackers and fruit, and Leah is always happy when there's food around. We stopped once to eat and change a diaper.
During the drive, Leah kept signing change diaper (which is rubbing your fists together), but for some reason I thought she was doing random things with her hands, so I just smiled and ignored it. She did it about 3 or 4 times. Anyway, when we stopped in King City, I checked Leah's diaper.... Oh my gosh! The poor baby was really trying to tell me something!! That diaper was so wet and heavy! Tom and I looked at each other and we both said, "oh my gosh, she's so freakin' smart!" and we felt so bad about ignoring her; she was really trying to tell us something!
We did so much in one short day. We picked up Aunt Holly and checked out her apartment (we'd never been there before). Then we went to a bbq festival in Campbell... YUM! Leah ate some of my bbq pulled pork sandwich. I think she liked it. :)

We walked to a craft store that was selling some of Aunt Holly's crafts. Whatever she sells, the store gets a small percentage. Holly had 2 shelves to display her products, and I was so impressed and so proud of her. She was selling beautiful dog blankets, satchels, frames, and much more. I told her to expand into the baby market... That's where the money is! New parents will buy anything cute for their baby.
Mark, Rosalinda, and their new baby, Sara (about 1 month old here), met up with us soon after.


Later that evening, around 8 p.m., we went to visit our friends Ken & Michele, who also just had a baby, Chloe. I didn't get any pictures because it was late in the evening and Chloe didn't stay awake for very long.
The next morning before we left, we had breakfast with Aunt Holly, Dave and Kim, and their 2 kids. Here are Leah and Keira having a blast together.

No comments:
Post a Comment