Friday, May 21, 2010

Meeting a Celebrity

When Leah and I are bored, we go to the restaurant to hang out with Ah-ma. Thursday, May 6, was one of those days. It was around 1 p.m., Leah and I had been playing all morning, and we were bored sitting around the house. So I threw some old clothes on and we went to the restaurant.

The restaurant was pretty quiet. There was a couple and their baby in a booth. The baby was cute, but her dad....
Let's just say that my first thought was, "Poor baby has a greasy, redneck, trucker dad." Yes. I know it's not nice to think like that. But this man seriously needed to wash his hair, shave, and get some new clothes.

Now this will be pretty funny when you find out who it is....

Anyway, the mother of the baby kept checking Leah out. Eventually, she and I struck up a conversation as they were paying their check up front. The father of the baby joined in. Basically, we asked each other how old our babies were. What our babies names were. The mother told me that she was looking for a gym for her baby to join.

The whole time I was talking to them, I kept thinking, "Why does this guy sound so familiar?" Finally, they left, and the instant they walked out, it clicked. Quickly, I ran to Lu and asked if he had paid with a credit card. I had a feeling and I needed to find out his name...

And I was RIGHT!! I was talking to a freaking celebrity the whole time!!

This is Josh Holloway's receipt. If you don't know who he is then you need to start watching Lost. He plays Sawyer on the show. His voice and accent in real life is exactly how it sounds on the show. Tom and I have been watching Lost since the beginning. We are truly fans!
I wish I had realized it was him sooner. I could have taken a picture with him and Leah. But I had a feeling they weren't just visiting Santa Barbara because the wife said she was looking for a gym for their 13 month old daughter, Java. So I told Lu if they ever come back, she needed to call me.

Anyway, this is what Leah was wearing. I wish I had dressed her up a little more.Josh Holloway and his wife did go back to eat, a couple weeks later, on Monday, May 17. Lu called me, but Leah was napping and I didn't want to wake her just so I could "stalk" Josh Holloway.

But Lu got a picture with him. See what I mean by greasy?

He remembered Leah and asked how she was doing. What a nice guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment