Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day! A day just for me... a mom! Not everyone can say that, and I was really excited about it. I told Tom, he had better get me a card, and he had better write more than 1 sentence in it. I wanted 2 paragraphs. Tom's not a writer so this was asking for a lot.

On the day of Mother's Day, I found a card on my nightstand. "Yay!" I thought. My very first mother's day card. I opened it and saw the letters that spelled, "MOM". Then I looked closer...

"Happy birthday, Mom"

What?! Auuggghhh! Tom, got me a birthday card!!

I didn't know what to say. For a split second, I was disappointed and angry. But what could I do? What I did was brake into hysterical laughter, which surprised me. Tom was so sorry. He kept saying, "it was in the Mother's Day section." I guess he learned a good lesson: Read the card before you buy it!

Here is the front of my "first" mother's day card.
The poem that Tom wrote for me.
My very first gift from Tiffany's.
A necklace with the initial "L" for Leah.
We dressed Leah up and took her to Madam Lu for lunch and to see Ah-ma. Not exactly where I wanted to go, but it was Ah-ma's day too, and she wanted to see Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment