Thursday, December 9, 2010

"No, Mine!"

Leah:
You are 16 1/2 months old today! You're talking more and more, and still signing. A few days after cousin Roey left, you started saying no and mine. I guess you must have learned them from him. It's so cute the way you say No. When I ask you a question. You will answer back like you're asking a question.

Mommy: Do you want to eat a banana?
Leah: No?

But you can also be very certain when you answer no. Like when you have something I don't want you to play with... my lipstick, for example. I'll say, "Leah, give it back to mommy." You will answer, "No, mine!" clutch it tighter and walk away. Who can argue with that? :)

Today, you started saying off. When I'm taking your shoes, shirt, pants, diaper off, you'll say off. When I turn off the lights, you say off. You can probably say 25 words. New words you're saying are: day, doll, milk, towel, owl, boy, EE (Roey), and didi (Mandarin for little brother). You can sign much more. New signs you've been doing are: rain, cloud, bike, bus, stop, cry, day, juice, apple and zebra.

You love picking out your own shoes. Today, you wanted to wear socks and your Disney princess sandals. Sandals in December? Well, it wasn't that cold.
You love prentending to "shop". You know which cabinet in the kitchen I keep all the paper bags. You will open the cabinet, take out a paper bag, put it over your shoulder, and walk around the house! You also have a little red purse that you take along with you. And you love putting on makeup. When I'm in the bathroom putting on my makeup, you insist that you get to also. Sometimes, I will find you with eyeliner across your face! I really should take a picture next time.

You are a very affectionate and caring. You love to give hugs and kisses. The other day you walked up to me and gave me a hug - out of the blue! It was the first time you had ever done that, and I just melted!

You are still a light eater. Some days you won't eat anything - 2 bites at each meal and you're done. Some days you will surprise me and eat everything I give you. My biggest frustration is keeping you from spitting out your food or picking up your plate and dumping your food out.

Here are pictures of you and your cousins over Thanksgiving (Bella, 3; Gavin, almost 1; Roey 27 months).

No comments:

Post a Comment