Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lovin' Fall

I love this time. It's the time of year when life starts getting crazy... a good kind of crazy where there's a lot to do.

A number of schools around town have their annual fall carnivals around this time. Leah and I checked out the carnival at Santa Barbara Charter School. Our friends, Jason & Leise, have a daugter (Lily) who go there and we wanted to support them. Leah loves playing with Lily and Atticus (their son who's around Leah's age).
Here's Leah doing the bean bag toss , according to the guy working at the booth, she was his youngest customer, so got special previleges. :) She was able to throw the bean bags, but wasn't really aiming to knock the cans down.
Later that eveing, we went to Boo at the Zoo with my friend Susan and her daughter, Sienna.
Boo at the Zoo was amazing! It's an event put on by the zoo where they decorate the zoo from top to bottom for Halloween. Basically the zoo closes early and the fun begins at 4:30. There was live music, about 4 mazes, vendors giving out candy to little trick or treaters, pirates, mermaids, a graveyard, smoke and fog machines. I thought Leah would be too young to enjoy this, but she loved it! She could not take her eyes off anything. The best costume we saw that night was a little boy dressed up as a robot with actual blinking lights.
Here are Leah and Tom going through one of the mazes.


On Sunday, we went to a fundraising event called Rockin' Halloween for PEP. PEP stands for Postpartum Education Program. They do lots of great things for new moms, like putting them together into mother's groups. There was a band their singing kiddie music, and they were actually pretty good. When it comes to childrens' music, I'm usually covering my ears by the 3rd song, but I actually found myself dancing along to their songs about "tote bags and girraffes".

Leah and Sienna at Rockin' Halloween. I think it's so cute that our little babies, who were once wiggling little lumps in our arms, are now starting to dance and play with each other. They really are toddlers now. I can't believe it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment